dimanche 19 avril 2015

Calculate nearest possible dimension value PHP (keeping ratio)

I am trying to implement API for image resizing. It is created not exactly for image processing, this is only one part/feature of API.


What I want to implement.


I have url for retrieving image from server it looks like



http://ift.tt/1FXK0k1


This url will return URL to full image of product with id 42.

Everything is ok.

We can specify desired size with GET parameters like this



http://ift.tt/1O5vsIO


It also looks fine


But my question if following.

As we can have different images on server with different dimension and aspect ratio, I need to keep this ratio while resizing.


For example I need image to fit 200x300 container but I have 1024x576 (16:9) image on the server. I need to resize this image but keep initial aspect ratio(16:9) but to fit desired container.


How can I efficiently calculate new image size to return depending on incoming desired dimension and current image aspect ratio.


I want to thank everyone in advance for any help or advises.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire