jeudi 19 février 2015

Easy file format for niche text printing

I have ahead of me a fairly specific task, and I was hoping someone on this site can give me the benefit of their experience


I have a text file somewhere with some 17000 lines of text. This text will need to be printed very specifically on around 80 double sided pages. These pages will then be cut into several pieces, and bound into small books (hey, it's a hobby!) This means I need to have text placed very specifically on the page. (I am also toying with the idea of having text cut off mid letter in one place and continued elsewhere)


Note that I have done this before, by manually placing text using a word processor. However, the sheer magnitude of this project really requires programming. I have thought about making some PNG files (which is easy enough to do), but I do not know how nicely they will look when printed. I have also briefly looked at some standard document file formats (like doc and pdf) and it looks like it'll take a long time before I can learn these last.


Does anyone happen to have any helpful tips, or at least know the best file format to use for such a project?


Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire