mardi 31 mars 2015

Is it possible to make a torn paper effect on edges of a picture

Update 3


Hi guys, I updated the code (http://ift.tt/1NxJtcE) and now the edges look really like torn paper effect. It uses SVG by the way.


The Only problem is I don't know how to make the image as the background of the svg AT THE SAME TIME maintain the torn-paper-like edges.


Please have a look it. Any efforts are appreciated.




Update 2


It seems that it is impossible to achieve this effect without the help of PhotoShop(PS), so I would like to add PS as a part of solution.


I am not a PS expert, but from a quick thought, I think there are a few steps I need to do:



  • Use PS to create a torn paper "shell", let's say it's shell.png It should only have color on its edges and the color should be white; the inner area is transparent, so that we can place the picture in it.

  • Place shell.png on top of the picture, let's say banner.jpg, which means set the z-index of the div which uses shell as its background image to 1.

  • Use another div to contain the banner.jpg and set the z-index below the shell div.


Questions for this approach:




  • Is it responsive?




  • If not, is it possible to make it responsive? As I have to make it work properly on mobile devices.






I remember that I saw a beautifully designed website, there is a picture in the background and the edges of this picture look like torn paper effect which is fantastic!


I searched the similar questions here but it turns out that the effects in the answers are primitive, which are very simple rugged black lines.


What I want:



  1. I want this picture to be as wide as the device screen which means responsive.

  2. The edges of this picture look like torn paper.

  3. I will place this picture as a banner after the Top Navigation bar but before the content.


It should look like the white area in this picture. But in my case, I will need to fill in my picture to replace the white area.


enter image description here


Here is my code: Notice: in this code, the css uses an image as the edge, BUT that is not want I want. I just want the edges be the picture itself.(Is this possible?) So it will look like this one(the one on the right side, you can see that there is no white rugged edges) enter image description here



<div class="row">
<div id="letter" class="col-lg-12 col-md-12 col-sm-12 col-xs-12">

</div>
</div>

#letter { /*torn paper border*/
height:450px;
position:relative;
top:0;
bottom:0;
left:0;
right:0;
background-image:url('img/background.jpg');
background-size:cover;
opacity:0.8;
border-style: solid;
border-width: 40px 40px 40px;
-moz-border-image: url('http://ift.tt/1EUNiEb') 80 80 80 repeat;
-webkit-border-image: url('http://ift.tt/1EUNiEb') 80 80 80 repeat;
-o-border-image: url('http://ift.tt/1EUNiEb') 80 80 80 repeat;
border-image: url('http://ift.tt/1EUNiEb') 80 80 80 repeat;
}




Update


Hi guys,


I think I found something quite similar to what I am imagine. Here is the effect I want : enter image description here


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire